3. (individual commitment) CHAI will commit full-time staff to assist EGPAF, WHO, PEPFAR, UNITAID and others to develop, coordinate and implement a detailed work plan to achieve the goals of the initiative; to assist with reaching agreements with companies, governments, donors and regulators to accelerate the introduction of optimal formulations and diagnostics for children and adolescents both short term and long term; and to work with governments and faith based organizations to scale up identification and treatment of HIV infected children and adolescents in the target countries.
CHAI has developed draft plans to accelerate in-country uptake of new pediatric ARVs in collaboration with other stakeholders.
Update on pediatrics DTG: All activities are on track including confidential, official correspondence with the FDA regarding the filing strategy for the DTG 10 mg scored DT.
42. Support POC EID as well as case-finding through enhanced testing in inpatient, TB, and nutrition wards through the development of clear policies as well as program and operational guidance, and through implementation support.
43. Promote broader uptake of new sample types for laboratory systems and multiplex testing to improve cost efficiencies.
44. Invest in data management to provide more visibility to optimized laboratory networks for faster corrective actions and better quality testing.
45. Support Country Governments with 1) the latest data on performance and regulatory status of new diagnostics; 2) implementation of global guidance on product approvals and post market surveillance; and 3) once the WHO Collaborative Procedure for IVDs is established, promote rapid adoption, shifting the focus of quality assurance to post-market instead of pre-market.
46. Support the development of programmatic and operational guidance on POC VL for children, adolescents, and pregnant and breastfeeding women including by building evidence to support these policies.
32. Collaborate with WHO to house and incubate the GAP-f partnership through its start-up phase.