Action 27. Mobilize their networks and work with communities to help build treatment literacy, generate demand, and expand access to ARVs among children.
Action 34. Increase efforts to share information on the roll-out of new paediatric formulations, including lessons learned.
Paediatric HIV & TB : Rome Action Plan
5. Assess proposed formulations against the intended use(s), available research results, and the market to ensure the final formulation will fulfill as many intended uses as possible minimizing market and supply chain barriers to introduction and scale-up.
6. Review the TB Medicines Dashboard and facilitate coordination and alignment across all stakeholders contributing lists and guidance documents to the dashboard.
122. Mobilize their networks and work with communities to help build treatment literacy, generate demand, and expand access to TB diagnosis and treatment among children in close collaboration with other stakeholders.
123. Raise awareness in local, national, and global fora about the unmet diagnostic and treatment and prevention needs of children with or at risk for TB.
124. Foster and more actively participate in coordinated and collaborative advocacy to:
Increase funding for TB research & development, introduction and scale-up of priority paediatric drugs and formulations;
Accelerate regulatory processes for rapid adoption and uptake of optimal paediatric TB drugs and formulations; and
Ensure sustainable access to optimal TB testing and treatment for infants and children.
125. Tackle the TB stigma and discrimination in communities, schools, and healthcare settings that prevent children and adolescents living with TB or at risk of TB from accessing testing and treatment, including promotion of awareness of the difference between infection and disease and include messages of hope regarding treatment of both HIV and TB.
126. Promote uptake by mobilizing their networks of hospitals and community structures to distribute paediatric medicines in hard to reach places and in situations of conflict and crisis.